31 Day Challenge 2014 #27 Textured Mondrian




If you could choose an artist, who would it be?, I asked myself when I have read the complete theme list of 31 Day Challenge. I know we are talking about an artwork, but it's presumed that if there's an artwork, there shall be also an artist, right?
Mine is Piet Mondrian.









Nail Polishes I used:
China Glaze texture In the Rough
China Glaze texture Of Coarse!
China Glaze texture Unrefined
Kiko 272 Metallic Gray





I followed the pattern of Composition II in Red, Blue, and Yellow (1930), but I chose to mix it with the Composition A style (with grey lines, not black) and textured pastel shades. I hope Mondrian's soul do not hunting my dreams after that. (Sorry, Piet)



The base colour is Kiko 272 Metallic Gray, that is NOT a metallic nail polish. It's a pearly gray. I like this colour and this finish, but I'm a little bit disappointed because they have promise me a METALLIC polish, and this is the purpose because I have purchased it.
Whit a striping tape and a painter tape I made squares and I filled them with a dotting tool.
I must improve my striping tape technique more and more and more.





I have chosen Mondrian's artwork because I really love his squared composition. Even if I'm not able to draw a single stright line. I like how brilliant those colours are and primary colors (blue, red and yellow) mixed with white and black. We should talk for hours about Piet Mondrian's aesthetic theory. I think it would be better going to see an exibition about Mondrian's works, and listen what the museum guide have to say. It's very interesting listen guides in the museum. Don't think they are boring because you already know the issue. You know it in generally speaking, and there's always a TONS to learn.





Ok, Teacher's corner is over.
I hope you like my Mondrian style as much I enjoyed drawing them!
Thank you for stopping by and have a nice Monday!
I know, Mondays are always harsh.


 Acque pacate e dolci risate finché non ci rincontreremo

0 commenti:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed my blog. Don't be shy!

 

My Lovely Followers

Team Blogueuse à Chat

All Around The World